Saturday, August 21, 2010

Resin Casting

I've started working with resin casting recently. It's kind of a pain, and I haven't been getting the results I had hoped for, but I'm learning, and having a lot of fun with it. I've been making breast cancer awareness pendants/ key chains. I haven't gotten a chance to attach the bale yet, but here's a picture of the pink ribbon resin pendants:
pink ribbon heart pendant
There are cube shaped ones as well, like this one:
I also made a few that are based on Futhark runes, as well as one rune from the game Demon Soul's. I got really interested in runes because in the current D&D campaign I'm playing a dwarven Runepriest. It's a lot of fun, and the runes (although really nerdy) are a lot of fun. I just need to work on painting the tacky resin, because it wasn't thick enough this go around.
This one turned out the best of the ones I made, I'll post pictures of the rest of them later. My first try with resin though was just silver glitter hearts, and some thin cubes. They look fun, I still need to file down the edges of some of them though.

Message me if you're interested in any of them- I'm not sure I'll post them on etsy for a while. (I am, however, offering free shipping on the books available on my etsy right now... check it out here)

No comments:

Post a Comment