Sunday, August 22, 2010

Jewelry

I've been keeping myself busy with trying my hand in resin, and working on books, but my real passion is jewelry. I haven't made any new necklaces lately, or any other jewelry, but I think posting some old works will inspire me to work on some new pieces, like my favorite of them, the Queen of Spades necklace:






This was made at the same time as my Pretty in Pink necklace:

I'm currently working on one using old keys, but I'm not done yet, so I don't have any pictures of it. Now for slightly older works...

I like this necklace, but I can't seem to get a good picture of it. It uses some of the same beads as the Queen of Spades, but it's got a more simple pattern, and I think it's a little less formal. I never really named it other than the red and black Fleur de Lis necklace.

Then there are the necklaces that are my mother's favorites, she likes my captive marbles as pendants:
The green captive marbles are my favorite. I make them in different colors though, it's a lot of fun, and you can make a variety of different patterns. The all silver ones look like stars to me. It's also amazing how many different types of marbles there are. I want to start making bigger center links so the marbles show better, I want to use intricate marbles, but right now there is no point to using fancy ones.

I've also been making bracelets, I made several pink chainmail pieces, one with a breast cancer charm, and an other with a ribbon clasp so it implies breast cancer awareness due to the pink links. This is the one I made for my mother:

Silver barrels is one of my favorite chainmail weaves, but I'm going to start branching out I think... I was at the Bristol Renaissance Faire today, and they had mostly European 4 in 1, or Byzantine... neither are really my favorites, nor have I ever really made any European, but I think I'm going to make some similar mail, so I can sell it for Ren Faire costume jewelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment