Saturday, August 21, 2010

Juice Books

My professor mentioned to me a few months back that she had seen books made out of juice cartons that used the cap to close the book. She never got the chance to show me pictures of said books, so recently I decided to try my hand at it. This is what I came up with:
They have lined paper, 120 pages. They are perfect for address books, or carrying around to write ideas in because the lines go the same direction as the spine. This is what they look like when they're opened:
I think my attempt at a notebook with juice cartons was fairly successful. I decided to recycle other cardboard packaging as well, I used a box from juice packet single servings:
It either has 156 pages, that are blue lined paper. It is oriented the same way as the juice carton books, so it also would make a good address book, or a notebook for shorter entries. The next book I made from a cream cheese box, because I was making taco dip, and while shopping I realized how much fun the cream cheese boxes would be to make books from.
I'm going to keep looking for more boxes to recycle into books. I found some cute boxes from laundry detergent, and I'm thinking pudding boxes would be pretty fun as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment